Back and forth and back and forth fitting and trimming.  9 camlocks, two screws, and 4 piano hinges keep the cowl where it belongs.  

Had to repair the lower mold prior to waxing

Trimming the lower cowl

Building the cowling was a fun head scratching project.  I sort of designed it as I went.  I established a few knowns and made the rest blend in.  Lots of screws, foam, and ply.  Measure left, measure right; forward and aft.  Let the sanding begin.  The beauty of urethane foam is it sands easily.  Well, too easy.  Numerous panels were replaced from sanding too much off.  The pvc foam made nice ribs and guides. When I was happy where the foam was, I covered everything with drywall compound.  Drywall mud works great for building up low spots and actually makes a good base for primer.  It took a lot of applications of mud to get the spinner and inlet areas where I wanted them.  The first few coats of primer was some cheap stuff to smooth out even more. I used epoxy primer for the final coat. The final primer coat was lightly sanded  with 320 and 400 grit.  I layed out the upper and lower cowl break lines with a magic marker.  Then layer after layer of waxing the plug.  After 10 layers, I sprayed a couple coats of PVA release film.  The upper mold was made first with the wooden bracing.  The airplane was then flipped over and the lower pug was made with its wood supports.  The molds were made using FG cloth, matt and polyester resin.  I sprayed gel coat on for the lower mold.  There was no noticeable difference between the polyester resin face on the upper mold and gel coat on the lower mold when making the final parts.

Stiffeners added to the upper cowl.

Fitting the CF.

Roger's KR2S